1.将条件句隐含在介词短语中
But for your help we couldn’t have succeeded in the experiment.
(=If it hadn’t been for your help)
如果没有你的帮助,我们的实验是不会成功的。
Without air,no one could live.
(=If there were no air)如果没有空气,谁都不能活。
In different circumstances,I would have said yes.
(=If circumstances had been different)如果情况有所不同,我就会同意了。
With favorable winds,we might have gotten there in two days.
(=If there were favorable winds)如果那时候顺风的话,我们两天就能抵达那儿了。
2.将条件句隐含在某些连词中
I didn’t know that he was a cheat,or else I wouldn’t have believed him.
(or else=if I had known he was a cheat)
我不知道他是个骗子,不然我也不会相信他了。
I’m really very busy,otherwise I would certainly go there with you.
(otherwise=if I were not so busy)
我真的是太忙了,不然我就会同你一道去了。
3.将条件句隐含在定语从句中
A man who would succeed should do his best.
(=If a man should do his best)一个人想成功,必须尽其全力。
Anyone who had seen that painting might have taken it for a photo.
(=If anyone had seen that painting)
凡是看过那画的人,都可能把它看成是照片。
4.将条件句隐含在一定的上下文中
I would write to her,but I don’t know her address.
(=If I knew her address)
我会给她写信的,就是不知道她的地址。
Don’t bother to read all these papers.It would take too long.
(=If you read all these papers)
不要费事看所有这些文件了,那会花太多时间。