well位于句首又可以引起主语和谓语的部分倒装

2024-09-27 15:16 来源: 文化之窗 本文影响了:235人

根据语法要求,把谓语动词置于主语前,称为完全倒装,把助动词或情态动词置于主语前,称为部分倒装。

  1.副词如:in, out, down, there, here, off, over, away, etc. 句子倒装。(完全倒装,但主语不能是代词)

Down jumped the murderer from the second floor.

凶手从二楼跳了下来。

In came Miss Green.

格林小姐进来了。

  特别注意:当主语是人称代词时不倒装。

Away she went!

她走了!

Here you are!

给你。/ 你在这儿!

2.only + 副词(介词短语)位于句首,句子要倒装。
Only then did she realize the stress he was under.

直到那时她才意识到他所承受的压力。

Only then did I learn the unpalatable truth.

直到那时我才得知令人难以接受的真相。
Only then should you set your goals .

只有这样你才能设定你的目标。

Only by keeping down costs will America maintain its competitive advantage over other countries.

只有通过控制成本,美国才能保持对其他国家的竞争优势。

Only by writing things down could I bring some sort of order to the confusion.

只有把东西记下来,我才能从混乱中理出些头绪来。

Only by fully experiencing the depth of our pain can we be healed from it and be done with it.

只有充分感受了深切的痛苦,我们才能从中走出,并将它抛诸脑后。
Only by being him can you hope to outguess him.

只有化作他肚子里的蛔虫才有可能猜出他在想什么。

Only by reasoning can we convince people completely.

只有以理服人,才能使人心悦诚服。

Only by presenting facts and reasoning things out can we convince people.

摆事实、讲道理,才能让人服气。

Only by working hard can we succeed in doing anything.

只有努力工作,我们才能成功地做任何事情。

Only by taking part in practice can the young people be toughened and hardened into steel.

年轻人只有通过实际锻炼才能百炼成钢。

3.well, so, often, such, few, little 放于句首,句子形成倒装。

Well do I remember the day when it happened.

我清清楚楚地记得发生这件事的那一天。

Well did he say that.

他那么说是有理由的。

Well did I know him and well did he know me.

我很了解他,他也很了解我。

So great was the destruction that it took them several years to recover.

破坏如此之大,以至于他们花了几年时间才恢复过来。

Such was the force of the explosion that alI the windows were broken.

爆炸的威力如此之大,所有的窗户都被震碎了。

4.否定词或具有否定意义的词及词组用在句首时,句子须倒装。此类词有: neither,nor,hardly,scarcely, rarely,seldom,not,never,not only,barely,at no time,nowhere等。

Hardly/barely/scarcely had he arrived at the station when/before the train began to leave.

他刚到车站,火车就要开了。

No sooner had I sat down than there was a loud knock on the door.

我刚坐下就有人大声敲门。
No sooner had he arrived in Rome than he was kidnapped.

他刚到罗马就遭到了绑架。

“介词+no+名词”构成的短语,意为“决不”,“任何情况下都不”:

介词短语:at no time,by no means,under/in no circumstances,

in no way,in no case,on no account,on no consideration

At no time and in no circumstances will China be the first to use nuclear weapons.

在任何时候任何情况下中国都不会首先使用核武器。

At no time did I give my consent to the plan.

我从未同意过这项计划。

At no time did they try to persuade me to suppress the information

他们从没有试图劝我隐瞒这个消息。

At no time did I make an attempt to impede any investigatory effort.

我绝没有试图妨碍过任何调查工作。

Never have I seen such a good girl.

我从来没有看过这么好的女孩。

Nowhere is the effect of government policy more apparent than in agriculture.

政府的政策对农业的影响最为显著。

Nowhere is language a more serious issue than in Hawaii.

没有哪个地方像夏威夷那样,语言成了如此重要的问题。

I hadn't been to New York before and neither had Jane.

我以前没有去过纽约,简也没去过。

No building can stand without firm foundations, and neither can a marriage.

没有稳固的基础,建筑就不牢靠,婚姻也是如此。

Not until they heard that she was safe and sound were their minds set at rest.

听到她平安无事的消息,大家心里才一块石头落地。

Not until he had finished his work did he go home.

他直到把工作做完,才回家去。

Not only does she speak Spanish, she's also good with computers.

她不仅会说西班牙语,还精通计算机。

Not only are mothers not paid but also most of their boring or difficult work is unnoticed.

母亲们不但得不到报酬,而且她们做的那些乏味艰苦的工作常常都不为人所注意。

Not only is it just the job for travelling, but it's handy for groceries too.

它不仅非常适合于旅行,而且用来日常购物也很方便。

Not only did he speak English well, but he spoke Japanese more easily.

他岂但英语说得好,就连日语也讲得满轻松自如。

Not only is the position of the earth changing but the earth itself is undergoing change.

不但地球的位置在变化,而且地球本身也在经历着变化。

各年级视频辅导入口