什么是礼貌过去时

2025-04-23 07:48 来源: 文化之窗 本文影响了:222人

在英语里常常去一般过去时表示礼貌客气委婉的语气,体现出对听者的尊重和礼貌;如:

Could I have some water?

麻烦您能给我一些水吗?

I wondered if you could lend me some cash.

麻烦您能借给我一下现金吗?

Would you pass me the salt?

劳驾把盐递给我好吗?

Would you like some water?
你想要点水吗?

Might I ask if you are from New York?
我可以问你是从纽约来的吗?

Could I use your pen?

我能使用一下你的钢笔吗?

Did you want to go with me?
听起来的效果是:你想跟我一起走吗?

I wanted to ask you a question now.现在我想问你一个问题。

Why did you need a room unless you were up to something?

除非你要搞什么小动作,不然你为什么单要一间房?

Did you wish to see me at present? 你想在现场见到我吗?

I thought I'd go mad if I stayed any longer.

我感觉再待久一点我就会发疯。

I thought it was a very bad article.

我以为那是一篇很低劣的文章。

I thought maybe we could go together.

我觉得或许我们可以一起去。

I thought I saw a figure standing in the shadows.

我好像看见阴暗处站着一个人。

I thought we might go to the zoo on Saturday.

我觉得周六我们可以去动物园。

I thought it was better to err on the side of caution.

我认为宁可过于谨慎也不要冒风险。

I thought the play was rubbish!

我觉得这部戏很差!

有时,使用过去进行时来表示更加显得委婉、客气和礼貌,体现出对听者的尊重和礼貌,这种表达就叫礼貌过去时:

I was hoping you would give me a job.

我还盼望着你能给我份工作呢。

I was hoping he'd alert the police.

我当时希望他会报警。

I was hoping some of his genius might rub off.

我希望他的才华也可以影响他人。

I was hoping to catch you at home.

我本希望赶上你在家的时候给你打电话。

He was hoping for some lively political discourse at the meeting.

他希望在会上听到些生动的政治演讲。

We were hoping we could go sledging.

我们本来希望能去乘雪橇。

We were hoping to finish it by next week ─ as it is, it may be the week after.

我们本希望在下周完成——看样子可能要下下周才行。

They were hoping for a better pay deal.

他们希望达成一项提高工资的协议。

England's football fans were hoping for a virtuoso performance against Cameroon.

英格兰队的球迷期待着该队与喀麦隆队能够上演一场精彩对决。

I was wondering if I might talk to you for a moment

不知道我能否跟您谈一会。

I was wondering whether you'd like to come to a party.

不知您能否来参加聚会。

I was wondering if you might want to take in a movie with me this evening.

不知道今晚你愿不愿意和我一起去看场电影?

His wife was wondering where he put their most valuable belongings.

他的妻子很想知道他把他们最值钱的财物放在哪里。

She was wondering why he looked so wretched.

她想搞清楚为什么他看起来如此愁眉苦脸的。

She was wondering if her fantasy could become reality.

她想知道自己的幻想能否变成现实。

The little boy was wondering why the raft could float.

这个小男孩很想弄清楚为什么那只木筏能浮起来。

各年级视频辅导入口